Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I wish I was bi

...lingual.

This is Dobri Delev, a man whom I presume is some kind of Eastern European. Judging by his name. Maybe Russian, even.

Something.

Anyhoo, where I'm going with all of this is that I was sipping a latté at my local Mermaid Coffee shop the other day, and I noticed a group of people who were speaking a language that I did not know.

Judging by their looks, and the sound of the language (do I do too much judging?), I surmised they were of Eastern European descent. Maybe Russian, even.

I didn't understand one word.

They seemed friendly. Very polite. They shook hands when they greeted each other. One person was a young girl, obviously the daughter of the couple. The two men who greeted the couple politely engaged the little girl in conversation for a moment. She smiled coyly, in response.

Wish I was bi-lingual...

No comments:

Post a Comment